Geothermie Nederland is the association for companies and institutions actively
engaged in geothermal energy. We unite not only developers and operators of geothermal
energy sources, but also consultancies, engineering firms, district heating companies and
network operators. We welcome municipalities and other regional government organisations to join us as ‘Kennispartners’ (Knowledge Exchange Partners)
Objectives Geothermie Nederland
Geothermie Nederland takes up the challenges. The association is committed to improve the investment climate: lobbying for appropriate laws and regulations, structural improvement of the business case, proper integration into heat networks and a demand-driven knowledge and innovation agenda. Geothermie Nederland is committed to safe geothermal energy by supporting its members in safe and responsible operational management. Geothermie Nederland brings parties together by building a strong network within the association and by communicating extensively with all relevant stakeholders outside the association.
Benefits of your membership
- You will have access to a large network of geothermal companies and experts.
- A profile page on geothermie.nl with space for a description of the organisation, activities, contact details, logo and website.
- You will be kept up to date with the latest developments. We inform you for example about innovations, investment opportunities, legislation and regulations.
- You can actively exchange knowledge and information within our working groups.
- You have direct influence on developments in the sector.
- You have access to relevant (research) information and customised industry standards and protocols.
- You have access to support for your communication strategy with your own neighbourhood.
- You and your colleagues can participate in various knowledge and network meetings.
How does membership work?
We ask members for a contribution which is mainly related to the turnover in geothermal heat and the size of the company. The basic contribution for membership of Geothermal Netherlands is €2,000 per year, excluding VAT. If a company can show that it has a turnover of less than €200,000 in geothermy-related activities in the Netherlands, it will be eligible for a 50% reduction in the membership fee. An even lower rate applies to one-man businesses. Heat companies pay a special (higher) contribution. As do operators, who pay for each doublet in which they participate. View the full contribution regulation: contributieregeling (in Dutch).
Membership can start at any time and the annual fee will be charged pro rata.
Membership is automatically renewed per calendar year without notice, unless you cancel in writing at least one month before the end of the current year, by email at email@example.com.