Geothermal energy, an essential source of energy
The Dutch association, Geothermie Nederland is committed to the availability of sustainable and affordable geothermal heat for citizens and companies in the Netherlands.
An essential link in the energy transition
About a quarter of the Dutch heat demand can be met by geothermal energy, or geothermal heat. In greenhouse horticulture, geothermal energy can even meet more than half of the demand for sustainable heat. Geothermal energy in the Netherlands is a relatively young sector, with strong growth. More and more market players are joining this. The next few years are crucial for the development of geothermal energy in the Netherlands. Geothermie Nederland and its members play a pivotal role in this acceleration.
Geothermal energy is sustainable heat from the subsoil with which you can heat houses, other buildings and greenhouses. Hot water is pumped up from great depths, cooled and returned. Water goes up through one pipe and the same water goes down again through a second pipe. Together, the pipes are called a ‘doublet’. A proven technique for sustainable heating.
The page ‘Geothermie’ (in Dutch) gives more information.
Become a member
Geothermie Nederland is the Dutch association for companies and institutions actively engaged in geothermal energy. We unite not only developers and operators of geothermal energy sources, but also consultancies, engineering firms, district heating companies and network operators. We welcome municipalities and other regional government organisations to join us as ‘Kennispartners’ (Knowledge Exchange Partners).
Benefits of the Geothermie Nederland membership
- You will have access to a large network of geothermal companies and experts.
- You will be kept up to date with the latest developments. We inform you for example about innovations, investment opportunities, legislation and regulations (our language is Dutch).
- You can actively exchange knowledge and information within our working groups.
- You have direct influence on developments in the sector.
- You have access to relevant (research) information and customised industry standards and protocols.
- You have access to support for your communication strategy with your own neighbourhood.
- You and your colleagues can participate in various knowledge and network meetings.